cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Landline phone locked to voicemail

My 90-year-old aunt has inadvertently 'locked her landline phone to 1571' (her words) while trying to delete a message. She can receive calls but not make calls. I can't work out why this would happen. Her phone is a BT Decor 2200. Any suggestions as to how to resolve the problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline phone locked to voicemail

Hi @RichardJC1, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Did your aunt manage to get this resolved yet? 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hello, JohnC2, thanks for your message. Not yet, but she is now saying that she can make calls but calls made to her are going straight to voicemail. I think she must have got 'incoming' mixed up with 'outgoing'.

That makes more sense. I presume she has inadvertently made her phone divert all incoming calls to 1571.

I can probably work out how to fix that, but if you know the answer off the the top of your head, I'd be grateful for another reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @RichardJC1, thanks for the update.

It's possible that she has set the 1571 to pick up all calls and you can change that by dialling the 1571 from the line and changing this via the menu. 

If that's not it, then check the User Guide for further help and post back to let us know if you get it fixed or need more help.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, John. I hope to speak to her at lunchtime today, and will confirm via the forum that the problem has been resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I'm still struggling to find a clear solution online, so will post a different question.

0 Ratings