Message 1 of 11

Landline

Go to solution

Hello, I spent three and a half hours today on online BT chat. I can make calls but cannot receive them. Operator said removal of voicemail would fix the problem. It hasn’t. Can anyone help me? I don’t want to spend another three and a half hours trying to resolve it. Thanks 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Landline

Go to solution

You can report that exact scenario using the online Raise a Fault under Help at the top of the page:

rbz5416_0-1712510731972.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I don’t have that option, just 61998 which hasn’t worked

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

BT called, but not on my telephone number. My landline number has been changed without my knowledge! I don’t know what to do now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Sounds like a crossed line, I have asked a moderator to advise, but if you can make a note of the number you are crossed with, then the BT helpdesk should be able to pass the fault to Openreach.

Ring your mobile, and make a not of the number that comes up, as that would be the one you are crossed with.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Annie44, sorry that you can't receive calls at present. When you were called earlier did the guide you spoke with provide an update on your fault?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The operator I spoke with was calling another customer and reached me as I now have their telephone number! I have rung the number that comes up when I make outbound call from my landline to mobile. It rings my landline but my number just rings out. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Annie44, thanks for getting back to me and it backs up what Keith said about the line getting crossed. 
Try the 'Message Now' link on this page Fix landline | BT Help to check your fault is open and progressing as it will take us a few days to get to your case.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll update you once we get to your case.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, @Annie44 I can see the engineer visited this morning and fixed a crossed line fault in the cabinet. Is your number working again?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you so much for coming back to me. I am delighted to confirm the engineer was able to restore me back to the correct telephone number. It’s a tremendous relief.