cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

My BT landline down for days.. Pinner/Harrow area. Unable to get a reason from BT.

Go to solution

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: My BT landline down for days.. Pinner/Harrow area. Unable to get a reason from BT.

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

try going to help at top of page and then 'check service in my area'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Re: My BT landline down for days.. Pinner/Harrow area. Unable to get a reason from BT.

Go to solution

Same here and the online tack repair  has even stopped working for me in last few days. Latest if I type in my telephone number online seems to be:-

Issues reported in your area

Landline - Current Service Issue

We're sorry about the problem - we're working on fixing it.

Reported:

Fri 15/03/2024 at 11:42

Estimated fix time:

Fri 05/04/2024 at 17:55

The only comfort is the penalties they will have to pay for the total outage for so long, although my latest bill despite having no landline service did not even give me any credit for all the days lost to billing date.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Also why when BT has my mobile number to update on this have they not once contacted me (nor my email) to say we are sorry it will take 3 weeks to repair or even just every other day texting an update?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Today I can log in to troubleshooter and the system seems to be lying. It says the two faults I raised were closed. I have not closed them. I have had no landline at all on any day at any time since I reported the fault.

It says I raised a query online on 16th  and 22nd March (as far as I was able - I have raised another one today - 1 April). If I click on 16 March fault it says "Fault fixed 22nd March" (that is completely untrue. If I click on 22nd March fault it says fault fixed on 28 March.  That is also untrue. The serious network outage - landline completely not working has been continuously at fault since 15 o r 16 March.

So not only is it annoying to have a total failure of service why no contact from BT to my contact email they have  and secondly why say faults are fixed when clearly they are not? Or in Major outages do they close every fault in that region once a week and wait to see if customer raises it when the service continues not to work in week 2 (and now in week 3 of continuous outage).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I've had the same problem. I got a text message from BT late in January saying that I'd be upgraded to Digital Voice on my landline on 7th. February. On he date the analogue line duly ceased to function but the DV service failed to start. I've had the same experience with the online fault reporting going through its checks and not finding a fault followed by it reporting that the problem is resolved - which it still isn't! There seems to be a glitch in their system which affects DV service where the number is being ported from the analogue. They've not, so far, offered any explanation as to what caused the problem initially ........ but it escalated! 

I registered a complaint with BT which resulted in the matter being referred up to their BT Executive Complaints  Dept. When the initial attempt was made to rectify the problem the result was that my Broadband also went down. To be fair, the people on the complaints service are excellent at doing what must be a thankless task, seemingly caused by system hiccups and some operator error. 

The upshot of all this is that they had to close my old account and open a new one. The Broadband - down for 5 days -  was restored on Friday. 

I still don't have a landline connection but I'm assured that that will  be resolved shortly.  All round the houses and right back where I started on Feb 7th. Did somebody mention compensation?😈

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

That is an interesting point above - may be the initial poster and I were moved to DV without being told? If so as that line for me only has a landline on that number surely BT would have sent me a basic hub into which to plug the landline however.

I wonder if there is a way without my having to speak to a human to find out if that is this local area's problem - everyone moved to digital voice (rather than the major service outage) without being told? I still today 2 April have on landline on that number. I still today cannot get into troubleshooter in the way I can on spasmodic occasional days. It just says  "Sorry, it looks like something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again." and refreshing does nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

My landline back as of 01/April (April fools day).No explanation or apology from BT.

Compensation should be paid automatically. Awaiting next bill to check!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Mine is still not working, but glad yours is solved. I will return to my own thread about this for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

After a month mine is back working today

0 Ratings