cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: My BT landline down for days.. Pinner/Harrow area. Unable to get a reason from BT.

Go to solution

@Jane2018 That is brilliant news! Mine is still out of action but have been told the reason why (extensive work needed across local area requiring permission to dig up roads etc.). I've been given a "sorted by" date. and am really hoping that will be it. Can't help wondering if the unprecedented amount of rain has altered the water table so significantly that loads of cables have been under water.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Re: My BT landline down for days.. Pinner/Harrow area. Unable to get a reason from BT.

Go to solution

I would be spoilt for choice if having to pick which local utility company works might be the culprit. My line is now fine and for the first time since I reported the fault online on 15 March  BT communicated with me by text yesterday saying lots of customers in the area had been affected and they have now found what was wrong and fixed it and my phone line should be fine now.  It also says if the customer's broadband has been affected (I don't have broadband on that line) then switch the hub off and back on again.

Of course no mention of compensation for total loss  of service for a month.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

My land line is now back but so crackly it really makes any conversation hard work. AND my 1571 service via BT has disappeared. To add insult to injury my bill for this month has sky rocketed to ...... £102.

Am so angry with the way things are. I am now going to put in a compensation claim.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Liz15,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. I'm sorry your line still hasn't been repaired. Please send me your details, I'd like to take a look at the fault and run a few checks on your line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings