cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: New Advance Phone where to get advice on SETUP?

I think I understand this now, a DV phone does not connect to the HUB with a cable, because it connects via WiFi (like my TV can connect to the Hub via WiFi in addition to the cable which connects to the rooftop TV mast). But the User Guide is still wrong for my phone in that it only instructs me to connect to the wall socket which is now redundant. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Hi @clayto   Close but no cigar 😀 the DV phones connect to the SH2 using DECT, not WiFi. The instruction manual is correct for the phone you bought, it was designed to be used with a master socket. The fact that you now have DV means that your master socket is replaced by a new master socket on your SH2. The phone pre-dates DV and it’s target customer does not have DV.

Message 23 of 23

No, a DV phone  doesn't connect by WiFi, it connects by DECT which is a wireless technology but not what is generally called WiFi.

The user guide is not wrong, it is the just the way you are now using this phone.

Just consider that the green socket at the rear of the hub is the wall socket and everything else will be correct.