cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

New Contract no phone line ?

Go to solution

I'm am very hard of hearing ( since four years of age )so cannot call anyone.  I do use a Text RELAY phone but my phone line has dissapeared so I'm totally stuck.

My new broadband & phone contract started on 8th November, phone dialling tone fine at first ,  broadband came on later all good. I have today tried to use my Relay phone & there is no phone line /dialling tone.

I was asked if I wanted a call package but as I would not be using the phone a lot I tought that I would just use the free included minutes.

I have my email from BT dated 26th October with my " pre-contract documents for my new  Home Essentials with Home Phone and Broadband ."   The offer states    Unlimited Fibre broadband + unlimited minutes a month talk time to all Uk landlines & mobiles...Cost £20 per month. 

I really do need to be able to use my Relay phone as I cannot hear on the mobile, hope I can get some help please. There is no option to email BT!!?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: New Contract no phone line ?

Go to solution

when you started your new contract were you moved to digital voice?  if so your phone now connects to green socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@Jood1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Where is your relay phone plugged in?

It should be plugged into the phone socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, and not your wall phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I have tried both, no joy!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Jood1wrote:

I was asked if I wanted a call package but as I would not be using the phone a lot I tought that I would just use the free included minutes.

BT don't offer any free inclusive minutes, they haven't done for the last few years.

I suspect that as you never picked a calling plan that you have broadband only, which means you have no telephone service, if you read over the order confirmation it will state you have broadband only and no phone service or phone number, if you do have a calling plan it will state PAYG (Pay as you go), 700 minutes or unlimited minutes along with the telephone number associated with your package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I've tried both the wall socket & the Green socket at back of hub, no good!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

can you access your hub manager - 192.168.1254 into browser address bar and should see phone number an should say active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

I will have a look, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

In the original post @Jood1 states “I have my email from BT dated 26th October with my " pre-contract documents for my new  Home Essentials with Home Phone and Broadband ."   The offer states    Unlimited Fibre broadband + unlimited minutes a month talk time to all Uk landlines & mobiles...Cost £20 per month.”

So should have a phone line and calls package.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

It states Home Phone and Broadband,Broadband contract 12 months,  Home phone contract  12 months . No phone number !

0 Ratings