cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New phone line

Go to solution

I have a connection from the telephone pole to my house, but no bt socket in the house 

Does anyone know how to get one installed and who I should contact. Also how much does it cost 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New phone line

Go to solution

If you have a connection from the pole to the property where does the cable terminate, is there any Openreach box or unit in the property?

Do you have something like this?

300px-Fttp-ont-pon.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

IMG_20220805_183356.jpg

 this is were the cable ends

We have lived in the house for 20 years and always used virgin for broadband. But its gone to expensive and I am looking for a better deal 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Just order from your chosen supplier and whatever is required will be installed. What is there currently is pretty much irrelevant.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Mado21 Whichever provider you use, will ask Openreach to fit a socket as part of the order.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I know that there would be a setup fee from my new supplier, but Would there be any charge from openreach 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

The ISP cost which you would pay and the ISP settle with openreach. You don't pay openreach 

Are you getting broadband as well?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I would be getting broadband, has any one got a idea of cost 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

If you enter your address this will show what type of broadband connection is available to you which will then help make decision of which package 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.