cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: No telephone line working for 27 days since Digital Voice new contract!

Go to solution

Hi DanileS

Why a "Private Message"?

There are many (too many!) of us on this forum with the same issues and I for one would like to know the answer to this issue.

I have been 50+ days now without telephone service.  

2 Complaints have been deleted from "My BT".

BT keep ignoring all I say about my DV service not being activated and implying - or stating outright that it is my home set-up that is wrong.

When I telephone Technical Help, they undertake to look into it and then I never hear from them again.

I only seem to be allowed to deal with one man from the Customer Resolutions Team and just kept implying or outright insisting for weeks that the fault was caused by my incorrectly setting up my DV phones!

Experts on here did the same initially - telling me to plug phone or asdl cables into sockets that did not exist - but eventaully we all seemed to get on the page and they seem to think the issue is on the BT side -

1. either BT have still not yet provisioned my service
  2. or there is something wrong with the ONS Registration of new BT OpenReach Wall Modem / Socket / Thing on wall
  3. or Porting issue or IMIE(?) Number or whatever

A Tech on phone could not access my hub to do checks and  thought that strange or a possible hub fault - but he never got back to me as he had promised and I cannot find the record of that fault report now in "My BT".

BT Customer Service still not admitting it must be an error on thier side and now - despite my saying no - have arranged an appointment for a "Home Tech Expert" to come and re-re- register phones etc.  I am now suspicious that they will magically make this vist co-incide with switching on service so they can say it was my fault (50 days without landline support from friends and family - or good technical help - seems to be making me suspisciuos!)

SO - why don't you share the solution with me and others please?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

This is very interesting - and may help me - thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

If it is any consolation with some of the members on this Bt Community Forum, it's already 37 days without a solution to our DV connection problem. I'm afraid we are all in the same boat and, if one day we do get this trouble sorted, we would be very happy to share it with all of you. So far, we are unable to do so!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks for reply.

Let's  share info / solutions when we get them 🙂

Good Luck

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Hi all.

My recent High Level Complaint, became more of a competition, than a conduit to a resolution. I came to the conclusion that the person dealing with my query has a 'professional toolkit of tweaks'; whereas, I've just limited devices, drawn from life experiences, to accomplish a meaningful answer. I scored the whole affair a '0-0, No Score Draw'. I'm not spending my valuable time on the phone, to lose.
It's worth checking the 'Complaints URL, MyBT login'.
https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints/get-updates-on-an-existing-complaint
More a calendar flowchart, than an oracle of information.
C-P2x50x0.15x6.gif

Message 26 of 31

Go to solution
I've found the whole "help and complaints " set up most unsatisfactory and little more than a smokescreen for BT . It seems impossible to get straight answers .
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

@Rosmy

Hi

I STILL have no landline / digital voice service.

You still the same?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Re: No telephone line working for 43 days since Digital Voice new contract!

Go to solution

Hi, all, at last our Digital Voice connection is active!😂 😀 After such a long wait and many many calls to BT, we have an operative landline. Apparently it was an admin fault...on their part! Our Smart Hub2 serial number did not match to their records and that's why we couldn't link our digital phones to the router. In the end and after a BT engineer visit and my own "deduction skills" (after so many calls to BT), they realised that there was no technical fault but an admin fault! All is well! However, it has been a very anxious time. All the stress we suffered for 6 weeks was unnecessary. We have had an apology from BT! We wish you all patience and determination on resolving any BT issues! Don't give up on your attempts to have it sorted out! It will happen in the end! Good luck!✌️🤞

Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks for update.

I am now 70 days with no Service!

After reading on here - I suggested the admin fault but BT have ignored me and this possible solution!

I tried many times to get a copy of the BT OutReach ONT Serial Number they have registered on my Account - to see if it matches the sticker on my BT OutReach Modem that was fitted in my home - BUT BT have refused to supply it on "data protection" grounds!!!

Glad you got your landline back ... but not sure I ever will!

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Have you complained in accordance with BT's complaints code of practice?  If so and it has failed to fix the problem/resolve your issue then ask BT to issue a deadlock letter and complain to the ombudsman.  

BT Complaints Code of Practice 

RIC9380