cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Problem bringing landline number over from Sky

I'm at the end of my tether. I am moving house and was told that in order to keep my number I would need to have BT take over the landline at my current property and then have it moved to the new one. BT did indeed take over the line but gave me a different number. I have had repeated orders and then cancellations trying to get my original number reinstated. I am told it is a BT number in the pool  but that Openreach are having a problem transferring it. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I am moving next week and really need this sorted as can't book BT engineer at the new house until it is sorted.  I have been trying since the beginning of the month. Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Problem bringing landline number over from Sky

@Sam47 

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume you a re currently a BT Retail Customer?

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

If you are moving outside of the exchange area that you are now living, then its not normally possible to transfer your number

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I'm not moving out of the exchange . The new house is round the corner. I lived there years ago with the same landline number with BT :). 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I was also told there was a postcode discrepancy with the number and to check with Sky. I did and the postcode Sky had and BT have are the same. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

@Sam47  What has this got to do with Sky?

So are you a Sky customer at the moment, and are changing provider to BT Retail, at your new house?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I am now a BT customer at my old house. BT has taken over the landline and broadband here. I am trying to port over the landline number to the house here before I move it over to thr new house. I am yet to schedule a houemove with BT. Trying to sort the number issue out first. Does that make sense?  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Perfect sense.

I will ask if one of the mods can assist as you appear to be going nowhere with customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

That's much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@Sam47 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see there have been issues porting over your number. I can't make any promises but we'll be happy to help see if it's possible to get your number back and I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I replied with all the information requested last Thursday. I'm still no further forward with my problem and am handing over the keys at the end of the week. Any ideas as to how I can get some further help?

0 Ratings