cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Problem with call blocking

Don't know if this is th right board or not,

I am having a problem with trying to block a number which persistanly calls and leaves no message. I have blocked the number but the telephone still rings and then goes to answering machine, the number in question  0333 202 9470 which upon researching is assigned to british gas, can anyone explain why I cannot block this number ?

I have cleared the blocking list and re entered the number several times but it still getting through, my telephone is a BT model which I bought last year so its not an older phone

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem with call blocking

I'm assuming that you're talking about blocking on the BT phones rather than in MyBT?

In which case check which mode your Call Guardian is set to, as one of them is Answer Phone.

As for ringing, do you have any other phones connected to the line? If so they will ring briefly before Call Guardian processes the call as per your settings. If the Call Guardian phone is the only phone & shouldn't ring unless the number is a VIP.

If this doesn't help let us know the model of your phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi

thanks for the reply, yes talking about blocking the number on the BT phone, the model  I have  is BT Premium 090631 Phone Twin Cordless Handsets with the BT call blocking. There are no numbers stored on the VIP list and no other phones connceted to the line

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

So does it ring briefly & go to answer phone or ring the normal number of times?

Are other numbers successfully blocked?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

it rings the normal number of times then goes to answer, no problem with any other blocked numbers only this one ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Are you sure you haven't accidentally added it as a contact?

Message 7 of 9

absolutly sure checked several times to make sure its not in the contact list

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

If you have ever called them, then that may have an effect. Try clearing the call history, or looking back at the list of called numbers, and see if their number is shown there.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

According to the manual there is a further Allowed list. Could it be hiding in there? If not I can only suggest calling the helpline (0800 145 6789) or factory resetting. But the latter may lose contacts.

0 Ratings