cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Re: No telephone line working for 27 days since Digital Voice new contract!

Lets face it BT's rollout of digital voice is a complete disaster , we've without a landline for 5weeks and the activation date keeps being constantly deferred without explanation . BT are acting irresponsibly putting lives at risk and acting with impunity . The programme should be paused till the technology is sorted out
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

I am in the same position,

Perhpas we can share info about how BT are handing all this here - and of course, assuming we ever get solutions, then those too.

Latest is that because I raised a complaint, I must now only deal with one guy in "Consumer Resolutions" (who seems to know even less than me about technical issues)  and the Technical people on the phone line are not allowed to talk to me!

So I have been requesting my ONS Serial Number (as suggested soemwhere on this forum) but this BT Man in CR is not giving me the number!

Perhpas it woudl be inconvenient if it was found that BT/BT OpenReach have wrongly noted my ONS Serial Number - because they woudl then have to stop blaming me for not Registering my handset properly - and accept responsibility for the disasterous service I have received?

Anyway - will update as appropriate

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Presumably you mean ONT ( not ONS ) , what is the status of the PON light on the ONT ? , if it’s steady green , then the serial number is entered , as the ONT is authenticated, if the wrong serial number were provided the authentication woukd fail and the PON light would be flashing , this authentication is entirely within Openreach area of responsibility and has no bearing on the implementation of DV which is BT

Message 5 of 17

too much tech speak for me , the consumer cnnot be expected to sort out installation errors , define ONT and PON light please
Message 6 of 17

The main problem is that one cannot find anyone to take responsibilty for the problem , all depatments hide behind a collusion of anonymity . I think I shall be cancelling my contract and moving elsewhere though theres no possibilty of getting a landline back that way .
Message 7 of 17

This is an ONT

ont-pon.jpg

The PON light can be seen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 17

Its not rocket science.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Yes, you are right - ONT (not ONS)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

yep thats what it looks like
0 Ratings