cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Suggestion: BT Call Protect, Calls Whitelist vs Calls Blacklist

Even with BT Protect I am still receiving nuisance calls, the latest numbers (for what they're worth) being 01283 809725 and 0161 820 9875. I am aware that I can add these to my personal blacklist but why should I be inconvenienced in any way by one of these low lives who are still making unsolicited calls.

For this reason, I would like to suggest that BT introduce a Whitelist and if the calling number is not on it then the call is automatically rejected.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Suggestion: BT Call Protect, Calls Whitelist vs Calls Blacklist

@Les-Gibson 

You can pay extra for a VIP list, which I believe does that.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/calling-features-and-security/nuisance-calls-and-phishing/bt-call-p...

When you have BT Call Protect with a personal voicemail service of BT Answer 1571 or Call Minder, you automatically receive two additional features to manage your calls:

• VIP list - Make sure your important calls are never sent to your junk voicemail
  • Do Not Disturb - Send calls to your voicemail at set times. When it’s on, all your wanted calls will be sent to your personal voicemail (1571 or Call Minder). Unwanted calls will carry on going to your junk voicemail (1572)

The alternative is a call blocking phone like the BT4600 which works 100%.

Message 3 of 4

Many thanks @Keith_Beddoe . Does the BT4600 work on DV?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Does the BT4600 work on DV?

Yes, if you plug the base unit into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, just like any other phone.

It cannot be used without the base unit, as that is where the software is kept that does the call filtering.