cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Switching to BT

I have arranged a switch from Shell energy to BT digital voice landline only package for elderly, disabled mother.  This is due to happen in 2 weeks time.  Couple of days ago her telephone number has mysteriously changed. Her original number does not say invalid but appears to ring to the caller. If she rings out it shows as a different number. She has had no notification that this was going to happen . I am concerned that the switch is not going to happen on the day. I am not sure if the problem is with Shell or BT. Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Switching to BT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Joulesportsmouth 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Did you ask to keep the same number?

When moving to Digital Voice, initially a new number would need to be issued. Once the service is active, then, when possible, the original number will be ported over.

Has she received any equipment from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The confirmation email stated her original number would transfer and that we would be notified if this wasnt going to be the case. She hasnt received the Hub yet- due by 17th. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I would not have expected a number change now, so perhaps its an issue with Shell Energy, or there is a crossed line.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you Keith- would have been nice to have been notified of this when I signed her up. Caused a lot of distress when people have been unable to contact her , possibly including medical professionals.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

It did seem very strange to me. I'll try & get answers from Shell. Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings