cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Switching to digital voice

Go to solution

My BT landline and BB contracts ends on the 21st May. Now paying £24.66. If I recontract for 24 months the price will be £27.66 and I will be switched to digital voice. Agreed to the switch but when asked about a new hub, he said I do not need one and can use my current one. My hub is not a smart hub 2 and I know it will not work. I got so confused and did not go with it.  Am vulnerable and upset that I was not provided with the right information. I had to do some search on the internet. Have I got a right to complain to BT. Have told him I will switch to another provider when contract runs out. Was also told if I do not take the offer now it might go up next time. Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Switching to digital voice

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@cherry76 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

If you still need a phone service, then BT Digital Voice is the only option, once you re-contract. BT will have to supply you with a Smart Hub 2, as that is the only one that supports it.

You could have stayed out of contract, and things would not have changed, until BT moved you over to DV, by the end of next year.

As you have already agreed to re-contract, then that option is no longer available.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

It seems that either I or  @Keith_Beddoe have misunderstood. I read your post as being that your rejected the renewal?

The agent was correct in that offers come & go & that the price may well change between now & your contract ending. Although there was no doubt an element of double-glazing salesman arm twisting going on too.

No idea why they would reject a SH2 though, but I would hope that one would be sent automatically when the DV order is raised. Although there could be an issue is the system thinks you already have one, which might explain the situation.

As above, you can opt to do nothing & move to a rolling contract, but that's likely to be more expensive. BT are obliged to tell you how much before the contract ends.

Yes you could raise a complaint. But like much else within BT, the system isn't fit for purpose & likely to only result in more anger & frustration.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
I phoned bt to accept the offer but there is no mention of free 1 month subscription. She can only offer £27.66. I phoned again to raise a complaint as I did not accept the offer because I was confused with the router and bt should honour the free one month subscription I was offered. The guy from bt listened to the transcript and there is no mention of 1 month free subscription being offered. Am gobsmacked and could not understand why is not in the transcript. Is that possible I could not have made this up. Very disappointed with bt. He offered 24 months contract at £24.66 but with no voice adapter which I need for my cordless phone upstairs. I asked whether I could buy and he said. Very unhelpful. Any advice what to do if you need extra phone.? Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@cherry76 

The base station for your cordless phone, will plug into the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, assuming BT send out the new hub.

There is not normally any need for a Digital Voice Adapter, unless you have a stand alone wired phone in another part of the house.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I do need one as have a phone in bedroom.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@cherry76 

Is it not a handset of your cordless phone system, as all they need is mains power?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

My handset in bedroom needs be plugged to a phone line 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

So its separate to the rest of your phones, which are cordless, or is it just a single cordless phone which sits on the base unit?

The Digital Voice Adapter is supplied free of charge on request. 

It only connects to the BT Smart Hub 2, and no other BT hub.

0 Ratings