cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Thinking of switching to full fibre but have phone question

Hi Folks

I Currently have Plusnet FTTC installed at my parents house, they have Skytalk on their line which then want to keep, I've always kept the broadband separate and I pay that, however I'm thinking of upgrading to full fibre with BT.(FTTP) but without phone.

I was looking on Zen and it says I can keep the old telephone line so it doesn't affect my parents Sky Talk telephone line and I'm assuming BT Openreach will just run a Fibre line from the telegraph pole and have the Internet coming in on a different cable.

However when I goto sign up on BT's site (which has the better speed and offer) it doesnt give me the option to keep the old phone line.

Can anyone shed any light.

Cheers

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinking of switching to full fibre but have phone question

@Coolertech 

BT FTTP uses BT Digital Voice and not the copper line.

You could ask for an additional FTTP connection in your name, and let your parents keep their line. You would have to pay for the FTTP service, and they would pay for their existing Plusnet service.

All providers including Zen, will have to move to an IP based phone service by 2025, as the analogue phone service is being closed down. That also includes your parent`s Plusnet service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinking of switching to full fibre but have phone question

In theory, you just ask for an additional connection rather than an upgrade. Then once up & running you cancel the Plusnet service, assuming that your parents don't  want it. If they're not already paying it, line rental will become payable on the phone service.

0 Ratings