cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Unable to make or receive calls

Go to solution

I received an SMS this morning from BT saying that my Digital Voice is now ready to use.

I rebooted the Smart Hub 2 and paired the Handset, but it just came up with Unable to make or receive calls, a lot of options don't function as it reports 'no internet' on the handset.

Furthermore, I then tried rebooting the router again, resetting the handset, ran through the online troubleshooter but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Edit: forgot to mention it's the Advanced phone with Alexa

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to make or receive calls

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

If you go to hub manager is your phone number shown to suggest DV is active?

Did you try a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

By Hub manager, do you mean the Smart Hub 2?  As I don't see anything at all on there regarding Digital Voice apart from a gray not configured phone icon, which makes sense as it doesn't connect via the port but WiFi

I reset the hub, registered the handset again, which was successful as always but still the same message shown

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

The phone does not connect via Wi-Fi, it uses DECT from the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

So why does it use WPS?

I thought the DECT was just between the base and the phone

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

WPS button, dual purpose. Your BT DV has not been configured.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

The grey icon means that Digital Voice has not been activated, nothing to do with any connectivity of your devices.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It shows as activated on the BT App plus the SMS said it was activated, it took about a week to switch over from analogue

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Regardless of what MYBT shows or text says if the phone number is greyed out and not configured then DV will not work and you need to phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.