cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Voicemail Essentials ring time

Go to solution

Hello,

I have already raised this as a fault with BT but as of yet not had any feedback since 26th November. My Voicemail Essentials with Digital Voice is stuck on 4 rings before going to Voicemail. I want it on 7 rings but no matter what change you make on My BT or the My BT app, it reverts back to 4 rings. Rang BT to ask them about it and they — with confidence — changed it on their end only to find that I was correct, and even when they tried to change the setting it reverted back to 4 rings immediately.

Anyone else experience this? If so, was there a resolution?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Voicemail Essentials ring time

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Have you tried calling 1571 on your phone and using the menu there to get to changing the ring delay? The "medium" setting corresponds to 7 rings and I've set my plugged in phone voicemail to 6 rings so that it answers first, but the call goes to BT voicemail when I am out of the house (and I switch off my in-house voicemail)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Gave it a try upon your suggestion, and on the phone it says it is then set. But when checked? 4 rings still. Worth a try but unfortunately appears to stay the same going down that avenue too.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @wkirkman I know this may sound like a silly question, but do the handsets you have connected to your Hub have it's own answer phone facility and could it be that answering the calls after 4 rings?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@NeilO

Nope, only 1571. No other answer phone. But it’s much simpler to define than that.

IMG_4042.jpeg

I change this to Medium - 7 rings, click save.

IMG_4043.jpeg

Then I close the app entirely, come back to it:

IMG_4044.jpeg

 as you can see from the time stamps on the phone, the setting simply won’t hold.

And when tested it is going to 1571 on only the 4 rings.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@wkirkman no problem, you can't get any clearer than that. It's not something I've seen before but I'm sure we'll be able to get it looked into. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks - have now sent a reply back to you.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I hope when I am switched to digital voice this does not happen (I have BT call minder and my own voice mail on that too) as I often run like a young gazelle (well may be like an elderly elephant these days) sprinting from distant integral garage or garden to get calls in my home office and I need a long period.

When I go out I simply in two seconds take both corded landlines "off the hook" which makes them go straight to voicemail. Hopefully digital voice will be exactly the same when I got out - yet another point I may need to check - that you take them off the hook and voice mail kicks in again as the phone thinks you are engaged on another call [ stopping any call waiting or awful new features like that will be yet another digital voice duty I will have to do too I suppose] may be without the current landline screeching phone off hook noise we get now when I do phone off hook.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hey @wkirkman,

Thanks for taking the time to message us originally.

In case anyone was following this, @wkirkman turned off their Voicemail and reactivated it. This then allowed the ring time changes to correctly write back and update as they should have originally.

If you ever need a hand in future, please, drop me a line 🙂

Thank you
DanielS