cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Welfare case - or not according to BT

Hi

My Mother and Father-in-law are 90 and 92 respectively. They have recently experienced a catastrophic event in their ground floor flat when there was raw sewage pumping into it for over 4 days. Obviously we had to move them out and found them a serviced flat to which we moved their BT account.

We are now trying to reverse this situation as their own flat has been refurbished and they to move back in on the 12th April. When I moved the phone I had to advise BT of a move back in date which was a wild guess at 16th April.

I am now trying to move this forward with BT but to no avail. They will not accept this case as a Welfare Case.

Both of these BT customers have health issues with Father-in-law having an emergency call button and pendant. Unfortunately they have no mobile signal in their flat due to the ground floor location. 

This means that two vulnerable people will be without a means of communication for 4 days when they move back home which is a very dangerous situation.

I am at a loss as to why BT are refusing to help them. They have been loyal customers since BT came into being when Busby was a chick!

Please can anyone help or advise the best line of action to get this line moved back to the original flat on their actual move in day?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Welfare case - or not according to BT

Hi @Macca2, welcome to the forum and sorry that the request to bring forward the connection date hasn't been brought forward to the 12th April.

I can't guarantee that we will be able to get the connection date brought forward but we'll be happy to do our best so they can have service when they move back in. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings