cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Why is bt's rollout of digital voice such a disaster

Go to solution

Final   update  .  Digital  voice  installed  and   working  on  9.4.24  ,   60 days  after   the  landline  was  cut .

On the  whole  I   am  satisfied  with  the   sound  quality  and  extra   facilities  of  DV  which are  superior  to  the   copper   landline .     I  am  dissatisfied   with   the  length  of   time  it   took  to  correct  the  problem  and  still  have   no  idea  why   it   took  so   long and   what  the  problem  actually  was .  Thanks  to  Matthew of  bt exec complaints  for  eventually  sorting  the   problem   out    but  it  would  be   preferable  if  the   lower   levels  of   the   complaints   process  were   more   efficient    and  problems  were  dealt with  more  transparently .

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution

Yes, it appears that you won’t get anywhere until you eventually get through to BT executive complaints department and they start dealing with it, the same happened with my friend, until they started handling things, and even then it appeared that there was something desperately wrong somewhere in the background at BT.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution
Same with me. I lost my landline on 4 April and have spent many hours on my mobile to BT. The latest from BT - I might get my landline back by 7 May. This is an appalling way for BT to treat elderly customers and it seems the reason for this is because BT “forgot” to activate the contract on the date promised in an email. Thankfully, my broadband is now working fine (at the moment!)
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

I   wrote   a   letter   to   the   bt   complaints   dept  at   Sheffield  ,   which   seemed   to   get   the   executive   complaints  dept   involved .   There   is   a   mandatory   penalty   of  £ 6  per   day  to   BT   for   each   day   of   disrupted   service you  suffer.

0 Ratings