cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Why is bt's rollout of digital voice such a disaster

Go to solution

I  suspect  suppression of  adverse  comments  >  both  the  guardian and  mail  have  run  articles on the trouble people are having with the  switch .

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/feb/24/analogue-switch-off-bt-customers-left-for-weeks-withou...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

To be fair, my adverse digital voice comments on here are not censored.  I do wish BT would let me know exactly what is happening. In October I removed 6 landlines from around the house on one number and now both landline numbers ring only in my office. i did that because I was told London was being moved to DV by end of 2023. That was extremely misleading as we have not been moved to it and no further information on a date for the switch other than apparently the De 2025 whole country switches date I suppose. I feel in limbo but glad not to have been switched yet as loads of functions I use on the analogue phones are not available on the new system including basic things like taking the phone off the hook with a corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Yawn.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Now   46  days  without  a  phone  line  .  BT  have  deigned  to  activate  DV  at  their  end  but  it  still  won't  work  at  our   end .  The  hub  manager  continues  to  show  "phone  not  configured  "  .  I  suspect  the  hub  itself  is  faulty  as  attempts  to  effect  a  hard  reset  either   by  pressing   the  reset   button  for 30 secs  or  from  hub  manager  fails  to  clear  its  memoery  of  all    computers ,  pads  and  mobile  phones   that  we've  connected  .

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

@nednott I'm really sorry about the delay in getting your digital voice service connected. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details so the moderation team can look into this further.

Thanks

Neil

Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

I’m sure the excellent mod team will get you sorted @nednott now it is on their radar.

I was on the DV trial and one of the first to move to SoGEA as part of the process.

I didn’t have any issues during the trial and still don’t, apart from the Alexa DECT handset trying and failing to update every few days, but that is another thread.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
Same here.
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Same here with the DV Trial, have the basic essential phones dotted around the house, with our main being the Advanced with Alexa, we've have had no issues with them since the trial started way back in 2019!

Everything for us has worked perfectly with all of our DV phones, we haven't had an issue either with our Advanced failing any update, maybe you might have just got one from a faulty batch.

As already mentioned here in this forum post, it is only the people who have issues that post and complain, hence why most think that what is written is set in stone and happening to everybody who uses Digital Voice.

Maybe if everybody who has had no issues with DV and is using it on a daily basis, all started filling the comments sections up with how good it has been for them, then that would even out the so called bad ratings that all these people seem to rave on about.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

@infinitywaiterwrote:

Everything for us has worked perfectly with all of our DV phones, we haven't had an issue either with our Advanced failing any update, maybe you might have just got one from a faulty batch.

Which firmware is your advanced handset on? Mine is X65_BT_H31047.

I have always thought the handset does update and the constant message that it can’t is just a bug and it isn’t even trying.

I find it hard to believe a simple phone would need updating this often!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

I think you are the silent majority my friend.

I personally know of two friends of mine who are at this very moment in telephone limbo having been waiting over a month after losing their landlines for their replacement digital voice services to be completed, both having lost their original telephone numbers at this current moment in time and unable to receive their usual telephone calls from their family and friends.

One of them has had countless orders placed over the last two months which haven't completed successfully.

Something isn't going right with this.

0 Ratings