cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

contact bt with no landline or mobile

My broadband went down a couple of weeks ago for around 9 hours.

The broadband returned along with an incredibly noisy landline which is impossible to use due to the crackling noise.

Two weeks later I am still with out a landline.

I have just spent 45 minutes chatting with a robot trying to sort this our to be told there is no problem with my line.

I have connected the phone directly to the socket and by passed the filter.

Still noisy

Now I have shut the chat with the robot I find I have no dial tone at all. nothing, but my broadband is fine.

I check my email and see that my contract is almost up and would i like to pay even more for my new service?

ha ha. no. I will be leaving BT in a couple of months and I can't wait.

It is virtually impossible to speak to a human being at BT.

Speaking to a robot is far from ideal, wasting 45 minutes typing the same sentences.

I really expect a better service considering how much I pay each month.

Is there a way to contact BT by email and get a response? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: contact bt with no landline or mobile

There is no email address for BT Customer Services.

You can report a fault online.

see link

Report and track your BT problem | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

do you mean no mobile phone or no mobile signal?  if latter can you not use wifi calling?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

A couple of ways of bypassing robots on chatlines are to keep typing "Representative" or, if that fails, keep typing gobbledegook. During typical working hours this will often get you through to a human.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

You could /should report it using a friend , neighbour or relatives phone ( landline or mobile ) calls to BT are free , it’s possible that you passing any account security may be problematic, a text is often sent to a mobile number associated with the account , you quote back to the contents of the text to the representative, if you don’t have a registered mobile number , obviously this can’t work …presumably they will defer to the security questions you have previously given answers to ….either that or perseverance with the chat until a human is connected, but you may still have a task to positively identify yourself as the account holder .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Although for me today the BT website does not let a fault be reported on myBT of to check my existing one. I am logging in most days as there is a major service outage reported on 15 March since when I have had no landline on that line ( I do have my other landline number). Apparently it will be fixed by 5 April. For at least the last 2 hours fault reporting comes up as

"TRACKFAULT_PAGE_HEADER

Sorry, it looks like something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again."

[Refreshing does no good]

0 Ratings