cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

Since we swapped to BT fibre our land line has stopped receiving calls from other landlines. We can still receive incoming calls from mobiles and make outgoing calls. We have been trying to resolve this for over 4 weeks and today was told that we may not get our old  number back as it has been inactive for over 14 days. I don’t see how this can be correct as the number is not inactive as it works when called from a mobile? Please help as I dont think I can stand another phone conversation about this with someone who clearly has no idea!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

are you on digital voice?  if so try FTTP Team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Re: dial out ok, can only receive calls from mobiles not landlines after sky to bt swap

Did you manage to resolve this ? We are now on our sixth engineers visit for a similar problem... landline clear, can call landlines and mobiles from landline... cannot receive mobile calls.   Referred to back end tech team, we've spent weeks trying to resolve this, no-one can help... we're in despair, missed work and holiday break as no-one can dial in to this landline with a mobile phone - 89 yr old is owner of the landline... it has to be a software problem surely.  I would be grateful if you could tell me if your similar issue has been fixed.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

To be clear the landline can dial out to landlines and mobiles... landlines can dial in... the problem is mobiles cannot dial in, just an engaged tone every time... we've tried with multiple mobiles, no joy
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

This was a switch from Sky to BT on 3/8
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

This is now being dealt with my the Mod team on another thread. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings