cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Another WiFi network ID appeared

Go to solution

So I've recently had a new network ID appear that is WiFi 6 and it's apparently associated with my Home Hub 2 or Whole Home, but I don't have any control over, can't find it in settings of the apps or router setup.

Where do I find the controls for it?

I haven't added it and it's not even close to the other SSID's of either my Home Hub or Whole Home.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Another WiFi network ID appeared

Go to solution

Smart Hub 2, either WholeHome Wifi at present version are NOT capable of WiFi6, they operate under 802.11 AC, e.g. WiFi5...

If you see anything like:

BTWi-fi

BTWifi-X

they are part of BT Wifi, when you provide WiFi connection to their customers. You in return, getting also access nationwide to BT Wifi network. These do not give any access them to your home network, and even not really slow your own internet down.

You have option to opt out, but will loose your own access to nationwide BT Wifi network as well...

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Where has this new id appeared and what leads you to believe it has anything to do with your hub?

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
I can see BTWi-fi and BTWifi-X, but it's not that SSID. It's a completely different one.

My network is : BT12P7K6
My Home Hub I changed to : MyHomeHub
And the new one is : BTWholeHome-PH98

When I look in the whole home app when attached to the new network I can see the phone I'm connected to and it says it's connected to a wi-fi 6 connection.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
If I turn my Whole Home disks off, I disconnect from the network and it disappears.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, later whole home discs support WiFi 6

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I bought these last November, made sure they were updated when I set them up and only yesterday this new network appeared.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Figured it out.

The new network is the original name of the Whole Home discs before I changed the SSID to be the SSID of the Home Hub so we didn't have to input new passwords to all our devices. 

Not sure why it's suddenly decided to give out a new network yesterday though.

Thank you for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
taking back, I wasn't aware of BT Whole Home Wifi6, which is trade for £500 on BT Shop...

and can't really imagine why one should pay something like that either, when basic BT Super Hub 2 don't support WiFi 6, and there are better, and cheaper products on the market 🙂 than this..
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
I didn't pay £500, I got the 3 disks on an offer or maybe £150 or something (not sure without digging out my invoice).
I didn't buy them for wi-fi 6 or even realised it was a thing until the new network showed up the other day.
0 Ratings