cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Any Netgear Orbi RBK850 users with Fibre 900?

I was getting slow Wi-Fi speeds through my Wi-Fi 6 devices on the Smart Hub 2. I bought the Orbi with 2 satellites and though the connection is stronger, I’m still just getting the same Wi-Fi speeds as the SH2. I was expecting faster with these. Only getting 300-350. The 2 satellites are connected using the extra 5ghz channel. Is there anything in the settings I can change to get faster Wi-Fi speeds?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Any Netgear Orbi RBK850 users with Fibre 900?

I follow this thread. I had never been near the promised 900 Fibre with my hub 2. I am close when connected with an ethernet cable but never with wi-fi. I disconnected everything but still the same.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Any Netgear Orbi RBK850 users with Fibre 900?

One thing you could try is to make sure you space out the Orbi and the satellites as far from each other as possible. The wifi signal on these is really strong and if they’re placed too close to each other the interference will affect internet speed.

Also, are you using the Orbi as a AP connected to the Smart Hub 2 or are you connecting it directly to your BT ONT in the wall? It might be better to try and make do without the Smart Hub in case this helps with your speeds.
0 Ratings