cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT FULL FIBRE 900 SLOW SPEEDS AND WIFI

I have recently purchased the BT Full Fibre 900 package. So originally I wanted it in my room as I knew the wifi wouldn’t stretch 2 doors down and the open reach engineer told me that it would be fine in the living room (this was the easiest and quickest job for them to do as they would’ve had to wire around the house to get to my room). It’s been 24 hours and directed connecting my ps5 to the router using a Cat 6 Ethernet cable I’m getting a fluctuation of 300-400-800 download, having only been the latter once. Although my download hasn’t been guarenteed 700 my issue comes with the upload speed which hasn’t gone above 10mbps and the Wi-Fi doesn’t seem to work for my fire stick which honestly is 2 rooms down. Any guidance appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT FULL FIBRE 900 SLOW SPEEDS AND WIFI

the speeds quoted by BT are connection speed to your router not download speeds to a device

run fast.com  or https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ with ethernet connection from hub to device and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings