cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Smart Hub 6

Go to solution

I am having FFTH installed next week. 500/74 Mbps I have a BT Smart Hub 2 at the present time.  Part of the new equipment has been received from BT, namely two digital house phones and a length of CAT6 cable.  Attached to the latter is a short note saying that my Smart Hub 2 can be used for the new digital setup. This by using ethernet Port 4 which the engineer will configure for the installation.  I see that there has been a software update ( Think November 2022) to allow the Port 4 change/update.

Will the engineer have to perform a full reset on the hub when he re-configures Port 4 please ?  This would delete all my information.

Reason for asking is that I have quite a large number of Port Forwarding items that I use and I am trying to avoid a lot of extra work if possible !! It would be great if this information could be saved.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Smart Hub 6

Go to solution

Just need to go to hub manager then turn FTTP TO ON and then just restart hub not factory reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

As above, do it yourself ahead of installation & there's no need for the installer to touch the SH2.

But where does the Hub 6 in the title come in?

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks for that. I'll do it myself.
Sorry about the "6". It was a typo. Should be Hub 2.
Maybe SH3 will be out later this year perhaps.
Thanks again
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks for that. Easily done.
0 Ratings