cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT smart hub 2 access point digital voice double nat

Hey all,

I have the BT smart hub 2 with digital voice. Recently I got a new set of linsky mx5500. 2 nodes with one acting as a router. It's currently in bridge mode as I can't take out the smart hub due to digital voice

BT sent me smart WiFi sw10A which I haven't added as I've turned of wireless on smart hub, could the WiFi be switched on and use the sw10A at the same time

I am trying to improve the WiFi at home and ensure I don't get a double nat on my Xbox one x series.

I have a CCTV system hard wired to the BT smart hub, a cable running from the smart hub 2 to the internet port on the linsky device. I've another cable running from the smart hub 2 to a Netgear switch. I've the Xbox one x series plugged in from the switch. A tv connected to the switch, alarm system connected to the switch.

What my goal is, improve the range off WiFi, keep digital voice and not have double not, it must be open.

I've a cable run directly from smart hub to switch, I could connect this to Xbox directly 

BT Fibre to the premise's customer.
Best Regards
Kev
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT smart hub 2 access point digital voice double nat

@kevinddt10wrote:

I have the BT smart hub 2 with digital voice. Recently I got a new set of linsky mx5500. 2 nodes with one acting as a router. It's currently in bridge mode as I can't take out the smart hub due to digital voice

BT seems to be reluctant to help users who want to add their own, usually far more powerful, routers to its devices.

As it loosens the ties with OpenReach, BT seems to be incapable of diagnosing network problems that have nothing to do with the user's system. I was recently forced to install the nasty Smart Hub 2 instead of my own modem or it wouldn't troubleshoot problems on its network.

This forced me to work out how to get my Netgear router to work as a router alongside the Smart Hub 2. In the event it is not that complicated.

Here's how I went about it:

Re: Can i use my own NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wifi ... - BT Community

That is for my network. It should work with your linsky as long as it supports the usual router features.

0 Ratings