cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can use internet over ethernet but not over Wi-Fi

Hi, I just had fibre installed at my home, and I started to set it up with my third party router, the TP-Link AC1750. I was able to configure it to use PPPoE, and use the creddentials  bthomehub@btbroadband.com password BT. And my router has connected fine. If I use ethernet, I can use the internet perfectly.

But when I connect to the Wi-Fi network, it gives me the no internet error, as if the router has no connection to the WAN. I feel like there might be a misconfiguration in my Wi-Fi settings, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can use internet over ethernet but not over Wi-Fi

No idea, but it is a TP Link problem rather than a BT problem. If you have Ethernet connectivity then there are no other BT specific settings you can make.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

On the TP-Link router under wifi settings do you have 'Smart Connect' enabled?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes, and I the issue continued when I disabled it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Silly as it sounds, have you entered the correct WiFi password on the devices you wish to connect?

Message 6 of 7

Yes, I should probably have clarified this before, but I was using the router with a different WAN connection (through the smart hub, using it as a modem when I was on copper), and it worked fine. I haven't changed the settings of the TP-Link router, other than to get it's internet connection working with PPPoE, and all the devices connected from the credentials that they remembered (which have not been changed).
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Are you sure you were using the TP Link DHCP server previously and not the Hub's and perhaps using a different subnet to now. Try resetting the WiFi network adaptor on one of your devices

0 Ratings