cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing SH2 IP Address

Go to solution

Hi,

How do you change the IP address on a SH2? 

I can find the settings under Advanced Settings >> My Network >> IPv4 Configuration  >> IP Address but after setting the address, saving and acknowledging the warnings, the browser address bar automatically changes to the new IP address and then times out.

If I then use the previous (default) IP address, I can log straight back in and clearly the IP address has defaulted back.

Does anyone know why this is occurring and what to do to change it?

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind the IP address but in this case I have a conflict and would rather change one address rather than many!!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing SH2 IP Address

Go to solution

I believe you need to change the DHCP range to match the gateway address, otherwise the change isn't saved as you've found.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

DHCP seems a bit flaky on the SH2.  I don’t know whether it will help in this case, but one thing I’ve found…

If the new IP is for a different subnet to the DHCP range, (even when DHCP is disabled), the SH2 reverts back to the previous address and it doesn’t even tell you.  Seems it has to be a “valid” address for DHCP even when it is outside the range and set as static.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

That seems to have done it...

Thanks 😁

0 Ratings