cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

CyberPower Battery back-up pack

Go to solution

Received two battery packs from BT. Plugged in according to the instructions (I think) but after four days the battery's red light with an X through it is still on. Looking at the instructions, this says that it is because the battery has reached the end of its life. Tried the other one, same. Two batteries surely cannot be dud straight out of the box so what am I doing wrong?   I have noticed that when you try to connect the red terminal (and I've had a few tries to get it right) the red plastic casing lifts slightly when you put the battery back in the box so I can't tell if there is a connection or not. All the other green lights that are meant to be on are on. 

In plain English please if possible, not good with techy jargon.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: CyberPower Battery back-up pack

Go to solution

@Baffled-at-the-back 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume you have connected both units to the mains, as described in the user manual?

This is for the FTTP one https://store.ee.co.uk/products/cyberpower-back-up-for-bt-digital-voice-service--fttp--097284-FV55.h...

They are intended to be pass-through and only supply power if the mains fails.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would think you don't have the battery properly connected. Generally there will be insulating tabs on the battery that have to be removed before connecting the spade connectors. Instructions also mention that both terminals need connecting.

Hard to envisage what you're describing as "lifting", so can only suggest searching YouTub for an installation video.

If you try searching the forum there is someone who has bought both, so maybe they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It was @philip42h if he happens to pick up the tag.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I think I have solved the problem. The black connector comes ready-fitted.  The red one has a plastic sleeve fitting on the top which doesn't come off but it does need firmly clicked into place. It is quite stiff. It looks quite flimsy and I wasn't using enough force so every time I put the battery back in the case the red connector disconnected. Simple schoolboy error I know but I didn't want to snap the terminal. The red light has now gone off and the green light is on. Hopefully fully charged in 24 hours and ready for the next power cut.  Thanks for your help.