cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Dos Spoofing

Hi,
i continue to have issues with our full fibre, more so on the gaming side. I can play on line and the speed will be normal and then I experience lag for while and then the speed comes back again, but this is continuous.

ive noticed when streaming a video that this happens as well, I wouldn’t expect this from 500mb download speeds.

ive check the event log and noticed, Dos spoofing and have read this may be hackers, can anyone clarify please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Dos Spoofing

It's a fact of life when connected to the internet, nothing you can do about it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

What does that mean?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

What it says.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Makes me laugh this site sometimes. You have people that just want some clarification on issues with their internet, they have no knowledge of the internet before the issues, they try their best to understand and ask people for some help, and what you end up with are people that know a bit about it, belittling people or get stupid answers filled with riddles…. 
thanks for you help mate, you’ve been a great help 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

DOS= Denial Of Service. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you, so that’s normal to see on an event log?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

If someone is targeting your IP address. Try restarting the home hub to get a different IP address, which may help for a while. If you are playing against other people, they will soon find your new IP address again.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

It's why you have a firewall. If you are connected to the internet you are under constant attack by somebody or other, as I said, it's just a fact of life being connected to the internet.

Message 10 of 10

The fact that they appear in the log means your firewall has successfully identified a potential attack and blocked it. 

(Perversely enough, it’s the ones your firewall doesn’t spot and that don’t appear in the log that you really need to worry about.  Hopefully, there shouldn’t be any of those.  Hopefully).

0 Ratings