cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

EE mini hub

Hi, I have received an EE mini hub in the post from BT as my WiFi is down. I’m unable to access the  internet on my Sky Q box or TV. They both say I’m connected to to router, but no internet access. I’ve been unable to speak to anyone at BT, only get recorded messages. It’s pretty frustrating. 

Thanks in advance 

IMG_3044.jpeg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: EE mini hub

Assuming that the EE mini hub works in the same way as the BT mini hub, it has to be enabled by CS, I would check with them that it has been

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

It works from my phone, although didn’t initially. I’ve found a place in the house where it gets a decent signal. It’s just the TV and Sky Q that don’t seem to be able to access the internet from it 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Are you sure your phone isn't connecting using mobile data?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Does the mini hub support Multicast? Not sure if it does.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Looks like WiFi to me in the pic below?

IMG_3046.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Unsure if it supports Multicast. It doesn’t come with much info as it’s a temporary measure until the broadband is repaired 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Can you watch the channels via their individual apps instead? I know I can do that as a backup when the multicast is not working on my TV box.

They should have a TV Guide or now playing option somewhere in them, if they allow you to watch their channels this way.

Edit: scratch that, my suggestion will not me much help if it cannot even go online! Though you could download and access said apps from your phone or tablet instead and watch that way?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Try a speed test from the phone next to the TV. Might be there's enough bandwidth to access the forums but not enough to stream.

0 Ratings