cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre Halo Installation

My BT Halo Fibre installation was installed in the house when we moved in. We have since upgraded to Halo etc .  All this has been achieved without an engineers visit.  As a result the wiring and plethora of boxes etc is bewildering requiring at least 4 power sockets. As customer with Halo I am entitled to an annual home visit.  Do you think it is reasonable to book one to get an engineer to simplify the set up?  I am fairly sure some of the stuff could be dumped. e.g. there is a powered modem with battery backup because the previous owner worked from home.  I now have the BT Hub which the backup battery will not support so it is pointless.

Comments welcomed.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Halo Installation

Hi @CornishRambler   It would be easier to understand with a few images.

Message 3 of 8

@CornishRambler What type of service do you have? Full fibre (FTTP) with an optical modem (ONT) or just fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) with a copper master socket?

Not sure why you have 4 power sockets in use, there should only be 2 at the most.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @CornishRambler welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If you have Halo 3+ I presume you've also got a Hybrid connect modem and wifi disc as part of the set-up? These should be located away from the main Openreach ONT and Smart Hub.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

How do I upload images to you?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

to post images on forum use the camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Fibre 1.jpgFibre 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Fibre 1.jpgFibre 2.jpg

0 Ratings