cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Issues and help on Halo and SMART wifi

Hi , 

Just moved over from Fire 2 to Halo 3+ - Smart WIFI Disk and Hybrid conncet was also sent both are EE .

1) Setting up the EE SMART WIFI is easy , with wps . but my worry is that when it is connected I can see the wifi network as EE wifi/Not secured ? which is bothering me , I have tied to access via GUI and other methods to see if I can add a Password- without any success? -any thoughts on this , I am trying to secure the wifi even the Smart wifi disk 

2) setting up the HYBRID is also easy , no issues , with rj45 cable but why is that the middle button have a flashing red on the  back ground ? 

3) I would like to test the Hybrid conncet , with BT BB cable unplugged ? to see if my LAN devices will take over and work on www.-any thought on this please?

4) assuming BB is down EE hybrid takes over and will this have an impact on Bills ?

5)  Can i use the VPN on Hybrid working ? 

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issues and help on Halo and SMART wifi

@Jaffna1974 

Are you now an EE customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

am with BT and just upgraded the package to Halo 3 + , with disk (but my worry is the wifi is open as is see and dont have any authentication
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

BT/EE WiFi is the hotspot that your router provides to others & isn't connected to your own network.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, so when initial set up with wps with BT Router > {when you try with other`s phone not on home network , then can login without any issue ? so are they getting free to login ?- {to stop me worrying with security None ON WIFI - hence the question
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

This explains how BT/EE WiFi works.