cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

L2TP vpn not working

l2tp/ipsec with pre-shared key not working since moving from copper wire to bt fibre; has anybody got a solution please

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: L2TP vpn not working

Did you also change routers? My previous employer used L2TP VPN on our work laptops. This worked fine using BT Smart Hub 2 on a full fibre connection.

Are you connecting over IPv4 or IPv6 too?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

no change, i was already using a BT Smarthub 2 on copper, now on full fibre connection. problems seemed to start when BT started to setup voip

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I guess maybe the L2PT may interfer with VOIP, however I have never setup L2PT before. 

With the move to FTTP were you generated a new IP address, I know with me, I set my IP manually so any change of IP I would have to change manually in any config files.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

how did you set the ipaddress manually and where did you get the ipaddress details ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I suspect @sukisü  means he set the VPN client config manually to match his public IP address.

I doubt that is your problem as your public IP address would have been dynamic and changed at intervals with your FTTC connection.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

is there a possibility that ipaddresses are out of range for the site connecting to, or an issue with the subnet masks ?

0 Ratings