cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Merger of BT and EE ie NEW EE

Only recently, I've come through the changeover to BT Digital Voice and it's setup within the home and new router etc. 

Now, this morning I receive from BT a leaflet re the upcoming merger of BT and EE which tells me, amongst other info, that "for the time being you don't have to do anything" and "we will be in touch again soon"..... this implies that once again I going to have to make changes to my broadband in some way!!

I have BT broadband, Digital Voice and do not use BT mobile, do not need any bells and whistles attached to my package... everything is working OK as it is and I wish to continue WITHOUT making any further changes. 

My question is....... Is that possible???

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Merger of BT and EE ie NEW EE

More importantly, does this involve starting a new contract because if it does, I'm off to a different provider?  I've remained out of contract for the last few years for a reason.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Exactly!! and will we need a new EE hub to replace the new  BT Hub 2 (which was sent by BT for my Digital Voice changeover!!) I mean, I'm just fed up of these upcoming  changes which BT impose on all their customers, without properly informing us of the effects etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The EE brand is becoming the primary consumer brand for BT.

This means you may start to see the EE brand on devices and online.

When you renew your contract you'll be offered EE packages and products.

More can be found at: https://bt.com/ee

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi Jim,

If you don't mind me asking... what kind of internet connection do you have? Do you have ADSL or FTTC or Full Fibre? Also do you have anything like BT TV?

There seems to be some confusion as BT have said in their press release that the brand will remain for those who are on standalone landline and broadband services... but this seems to not actually be the case with you?

Message 6 of 12

I have in the past couple of weeks renewed my BT Broadband FTTC package with Digital Voice  PAYG.

The customer service rep said I would be moved to EE. I explained that at this time I had no wish to move to EE but he was insistent that I would have to move to EE .

Unfortunately for him I was even more insistent that I did not want to move to EE and that there was no requirement for me to move and if there was I would not renew at this time and would stay out of contract while I checked out the other ISPs which I know are charging at least £5 less per month.

He said he would need to check with his manager and put me on hold. When he came back on the phone he proceeded to renew my contract with BT. He made no mention again of being moved to EE and I am now paying £5 a month less than I was.

Message 7 of 12

He has probably lost his sales commission.

Message 8 of 12

C64z86,Thanx for your reply.i have FTTC.,in fact exactly the same broadband and phone package as gg.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanx for this reply gg. Very interesting and useful for me,since your BT package is exactly the same as mine,so when my contract is up for renewal I shall remember your post.👍
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I am a BT mobile user with 5 Sims on a Family Package. I have been with BT mobile for several years (>5). I have found the package, their app, and support great.

For the past 2 years when I have phoned up for support they have been helpful but have been recommending EE packages as alternative contracts, sometimes giving larger data allowances . I have not switched and don't intend to.

I live in Northern Ireland. As the crow flies the Republic of Ireland is 10 miles away. When I step out into my back yard I get 2 SMS messages welcoming me to [the Republic of ] Ireland and explaining how roaming fees work. Out in my back yard the EU mobile signal is stronger than the EE/BT mobile signal.

BT mobile on our contracts have free EU wide roaming... roam like you do at home ... So switching to EU [ROI] mobile providers is not an issue ....UNLESS I SWITCH CONTRACT TO EE....  Then each user would have to pay heaps for the privilege of "EU Roaming" whether on holidays or out in the back yard!!!

I would be looking for a guarantee in writing that  moving to EE from BT mobile will keep free EU roaming free before I sign up or switch SIMS to EE, especially giving the geography of our location in relation to the EU providers!!!

0 Ratings