cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

New FTTP Installation problem

Had full new installation of 900 FTTP on Saturday.

Unable to use BT hub as it will not let me configure an Echo stereo pair, so using my TP Link router.

This morning we woke to no internet, all our automated stuff offline.

All lights on ONT green, so rebooted router , still no internet.

Rebooted ONT using power button on unit, then everything came back online.

This happened on Sunday daytime too, thought it might be just settling in as a new service, but if it does this when we are away I will lose remote access to my home security cameras and other security features will not work.

Any ideas?

regards

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: New FTTP Installation problem

@Christine 

Does the same thing happen if you use the BT Smart Hub 2?

If it does not, then its possible that your TP Link Router is locking up, and cannot cope with the speed.

It may be best to use the Smart Hub 2 when you are away, as the connection can be monitored by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

My TP link router has worked faultlessly for the last two years while I was on the Virgin 1 meg service where my speeds were 945 down and 50 up 

BT is showing 935 down and 110 up

i can easily swap to the hub2, but I will have the issue that my echo studio stereo pair will not work correctly as there is no option to split the 2.4  and 5 mhz frequencies, so my Echos are convinced their they are on different networks and will not pair 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Ok, I put the BT hub 2 on, and will see how it goes over the next few days

I think I might have solved the Echo stereo pair issue by turning 2.4 mhz off to let the echos connect then turning 2.4mhz back on to connect everything else.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

After several hours of trying I am unable to get all my smart home devices working with three hub2, so had to out my TP link router back on.

Blink doorbell would not work despite removing and re installing 

Severeal Tapo plugs  kept going offline and I got a network unstable message on the Tapo app

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

There is no option to split the 2.4  and 5 MHz frequencies

Then use a separate 2.4GHz wireless access point plugged into an Ethernet port on the home hub.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/access-point/tl-wa801n/

Turn off the 2.4GHz on the home hub, and connect 2.4GHz devices to the wireless access point.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

I don't think that's an acceptable option, I cannot afford to buy any more equipment.

My TP link router has worked just fine for 2 years on Virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

I thought if service was lost i should get a red led on the ONT?

With mine all the green led's are on buy there is no internet connection on any of my devices even the wired ones

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

from what you have already posted it appears you have internet connection to your router (SH2/TPLINK) but some of your wifi devices cannot connect to router and get internet access

did you turn off auto channel select in hub wifi and then select the 2.4/5ghz channels manually and see if that helps your devices

do you have any ethernet connected devices?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

None of my devices are connected to the internet when this happens, wired or wifi

The ONT shows all green, but the internet LED on my TPLink router was red.

I first rebooted the router this morning,  all my devices reconnected to the router, but the router internet led went red again.

I then power cycled the ONT and everything came back online. This is the third time this has happened since installation on Saturday,. We are away for a while tomorrow, and my home security is going to fail if it happens again

0 Ratings