cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Opt Out of BT Wi-Fi

So why does it take the threat of a complaint about BT not meeting it's Terms and Conditions to get some action out of the company?  

I await some help - thanks!

Derek

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

How long has it been since you opted out? It is not just a question of turning off your signal, your access to hotspots also needs to be removed.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

I didn't get the error message and I followed through on the opt out. Currently I can't see any different behaviour from my router - I guess it needs its online profile changed and then it needs re-booting to download the changes.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

It shouldn't do, but it can take up to 28 days to opt out.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

I eventually managed to get it all sorted by phoning BT Wi-Fi  support on 0800 022 3322.  After many attempts, I eventually got through to someone (Charlene) who understood the problem and who in turn contacted Phil who could see from the BT internal systems that I was in fact  Opted-In despite my own account page showing that I was Opted Out.  Phil then duly instructed their internal system to set me as being "Opted-Out" and about 8 hours later the message worked its way through to my Smart Hub and, lo, the BT Wi-Fi  hot spot on my hub was turned off and has remained so ever since

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@dqj999 wrote:

So why does it take the threat of a complaint about BT not meeting it's Terms and Conditions to get some action out of the company?  

I await some help - thanks!

Derek

I only suggested getting mod help to get you opted out as faster than making a complaint. You can make a complaint if you want it does not bother me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 18

Hi @dqj999 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, when did you follow the BT Wifi opt-out process in MyBT?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I followed the opt out process on Sat 22 July 2023. It has now ceased advertising BT WI-FI, somewhere around 22:30 on the same day as far as I can tell.

Derek

0 Ratings