cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Packet loss (Gaming)

Hi 1st time poster here - im a gamer and my current game is Valorant and its getting unbearable to play (packet loss packet loss)

Connected by ethernet

my package 

Full Fibre 900

• Unlimited usage
  • Powered by our Full Fibre network. What's this?
  • Free access to 5 million BT Wi-fi hotspots
  • 1000GB BT Cloud storage
  • BT Web Protect, BT Virus Protect and BT Parental Controls included
  • Dedicated UK and Ireland-based support

never used pingplotter previously but as I said previously I'm getting packet loss and Hop 3 bt server fluctuates when the end sever also changes - seems to me this is the issue is hop3 anyways I could be wrong as I said never used ping plotter before (Looking for advice on how to get his fixed)

thank you in advancecZJmB6i4k5T

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Packet loss (Gaming)

You've no packet loss there. The end server is set not to respond to ICMP (ping) requests.

Hop 3 treats ICMP requests as low priority and doesn't always reply in the required time but still passes on the packets to the next hop (it's main job).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

thanks for the response ahh well in game I'm loosing packets but i think its more general lag tbh after watching ping plotter for a while it spikes randomly 

[url=https://gifyu.com/image/Sbr69][img]https://s10.gifyu.com/images/new-3.png[/img][/url]

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I've seen the same since around December in games.  Before that flawless for the previous year.

From what I can see the issue is not so much packet loss but packet latency spiking during routing causing jittering and while the game servers you are playing receive the packets they are considered "lost" as they took more time than expected to arrive based on your "normal" ping.

Woldn't hold your breath...

0 Ratings