cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Re: No SSID

Hi

I'm unable to find my wireless network on any new device. Current registered devices are fine and connect. I have to manually enter my SSID in order to connect on a new device. Everything seems fine when I check my hub settings. WiFi is on

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@Khuramraja  Even though WiFi is on you can hide your SSID in the router settings to stop it being displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@David500 I've checked all the settings but can't seem to find anything to hide it. Are you able to point me in the right direction just in case I'm missing the obvious

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Khuramraja  What router do you have? I’ve just checked my SH1 and can’t find the setting. I was sure you could turn off displaying the SSID.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@Khuramraja 

I'd just reset the Hub using the pinhole on the back. Needs to be held in for around 20s until the LEDs start to flash.

If you have Digital Voice then backup the contacts first.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@David500 it's the SH2

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@rbz5416 would resetting the router remove the back up too, bring it back to factory?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I don't understand what you mean by removing the backup?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@rbz5416 will resetting the router delete my digital voice contacts back up from the router.. aren't the contacts backed up to the router?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

No, the contacts for DV phones are only stored on the SH2. So before resetting you would need to go to the telephone section of the SH2 web interface & initiate a backup there to a PC. You can then restore from that backup. If you're not using DV phones then contacts will be stored separately on the base station.

Obviously you should have a backup anyway in case the SH2 fails & has to be replaced. If the SSID doesn't come back with a factory reset then it may need replacing anyway.

I guess one other thing that may be worth a try is to change the SSID to something else & see if that is broadcast. If it is you could then change it back.

0 Ratings