cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Smart Hub 2 Successor

Hi,

With EE taking over the domestic broadband, and now offering the Smarthub Plus, can I ask where that leaves existing BT Broadband people when it comes to equipment upgrades?

Myself like many I suspect are tied to BT equipment because if the digital voice phone lines.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart Hub 2 Successor

Search out this bloke on You tube who takes apart a lot of equipment the see what differences there are.
icannotgetafreename
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

According to EE's site the Smart hub plus they do has the phone socket on the back like the Smart hub 2 so the phone would plug in there

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hmmm don't recall marking this as solved?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@gibbylinks 

It's a bit like Plusnet whose Hub 2 has the rear phone socket which isn't enabled, but I suppose it could be if & when they get the nod from BT/EE to be able to provide Digital Voice, which at the moment they can't.

This is the sole reason we left Plusnet, who we'd been with for 10 years, & joined BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

This is what it says on EEs site on home phone

Your new home phone service is really simple to set up. On your switchover day simply unplug your phone from the wall socket and plug it into the back of your smart hub. If you have multiple phones or the smart hub is in a location away from where you want your phone, you can request an adaptor which works like a wireless extension.

https://ee.co.uk/broadband/digital-home-phone

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi Guys,

While all this is really interesting, no one has answered my query.

Basically how do we as BT customers get our hands on the Smarthub Plus?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Call them & ask about being moved to new EE & they'll give you the options

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Yep, at a cost of leaving your BT contract, cost unknown, and joining EE.  Phoned yesterday and after hanging on for absloutely ages, was looking for options for multiroom and Smart Hub 3 with wifi 6. No chance unless I pay aff the BT contract!!

Same company, I do not think so. Us on legacy BT Broadband contracts are being treated like sh.te.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

You were given incorrect information, there are no early termination fees when moving from BT to EE.

0 Ratings