cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub 2 questions - setup

Hey guys I am finally upgrading from an old HH5 to Smart Hub 2 on Halo 3+. Have some setup questions if you can help ?

1. We have tons of connected devices in our family - is there a way to setup the new Smart Hub 2 to mimic the network name and password of the old hub so that I don't have to reconfigure each and every connected device or is there no way of avoiding that ?

2. I seem to remember that to get my Sky box working well I had to set up my Hub 5 so that instead of automatically allocating a device to the 2 or 5 ghz bands these two bands appeared as two separate networks - can someone remind me how to do that on the new Smart Hub 2 please ?

Thanks all !

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2 questions - setup

Yes, you can rename the SH2 SSID and password to match the HH5, however, you cannot split the WiFi bands, they will both have the same SSID

Devices aren't allocated a band by the hub, the device itself connects to its preferred band.

Message 3 of 8

Oh right, thanks for that, hope that doesn't cause issues for me then as I remember some folks were saying it's better to put the Sky box on a separate band - wonder why BT removed the option to separate the bands?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The splitting of the bands has been a bone of contention and discussed ad nauseum on the forum for a number of years.

As far as I'm aware, the only possible problem is that Sky Q doesn't like the hub using channel 36. Simply set the 5Ghz WiFi to a different channel.

Give the new hub the network name of the 2.4Ghz WiFi of the old hub, devices will see both bands with that name and choose which is the best signal.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@licquorice    p.s. - when I run BT speed test/diagnostics it is recommending to turn on smart wireless - is that recommended ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Hawkmoon19 

I would use a wifi analyser on mobile and select best channels for you then set hub wireless and not use smart wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

I would definitely NOT turn on Smart wireless

0 Ratings