cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Unable to connect to websites via Ethernet on Smart Hub 2

I have tried some different cables to elimiante that but still get the same results. I have also switched ports on the Smart Hub. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

The logs you posted indicate you are still connected to WiFi though?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Your ethernet NIC is showing an invalid address for the SH2:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.137.1(Preferred)

For static that should be in the range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.63. For DHCP it should be 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is anything between 64 & 253. See the valid IP address of the wireless NIC:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.231(Preferred)

So it looks as though at some point you have set a static IP address to connect to a different network? You need to set the ethernet back to DHCP or set a valid address.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

So it looks as though at some point you have set a static IP address to connect to a different network? You need to set the ethernet back to DHCP or set a valid address.

I was not aware of doing that, how do I change that setting?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

The network connections shows wi-fi as disconnected when the Ethernet cable is in:

Alan_in_Hemel_0-1697201979427.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

In W11, Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet.

IP & DNS should be set to Automatic (DHCP).

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

I ran network diagnostics and it now says IVp4 is now connected, I seem to be able to open web pages now.

Alan_in_Hemel_0-1697202262157.png

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

I presume you have a Lenovo laptop, the issue with connecting ethernet disabling WiFi seems to be a "feature". I noticed on the Lenovo website an article that suggest installing "the VLAN driver for my intel ethernet adapter Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM" allows the selection of "packet Priority and VLan" which can then be set to Disabled in the  ethernet properties > configure > click in advanced tab > settings with the result that it fixed the problem for one user.

I have no idea if that is a solution for your laptop or not, but you might want to read up about it to see if it is relevant.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

@Alan_in_Hemelwrote:

I ran network diagnostics and it now says IVp4 is now connected, I seem to be able to open web pages now.

Maybe IP4 had become disabled somehow & the troubleshooter has re-enabled it. But as long as it's working...

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Yes it is a Lenovo but my daughter's laptop is an Acer and that exhibited the same problems. 

0 Ratings