cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Upgrading from Full Fibre 100 to 500

Go to solution

Hi, I’ve just upgraded from Full Fibre 100 to Full Fibre 500. I’ve received the package which came with a disc. I’ve followed the instructions online and it asks me to connect Ethernet cable from disc to existing hub. The package with the disc didn’t come with an Ethernet cable. Is the expectation that I should have a spare or is there another way round it? I had a box of old cables lying around in the garage for years only to be thrown out last year. So am I meant to have a cable or have I misunderstood the set up instructions incorrectly? Thame you !

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrading from Full Fibre 100 to 500

Go to solution

Is it a black disc? Have you tried first pressing the WPS button on the Smarthub then pressing the WPS button on the disc to see if they connect that way instead?

According to a user on a Plusnet forum, they did it this way and they didn't need the app or Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes it’s a black disc. That didn’t work. Think I’m going to have to borrow a cable from the neighbours. I’m surprised BT don’t issue one with the box but you only need it to pair both boxes. Once paired you can move the disc some other place in the house. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you don't mind losing internet service for a little while, you can just borrow the Ethernet cable that goes from your ONT to your Smarthub and use that instead? It's safe to unplug while everything is on 😄 It only needs the internet to pair the discs if you use the app to connect.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, in my existing hub I have just a blue and purple cable in it. That’s all.  I’ve no idea what they are but I have this tv system with , sky, Sonos and something else I can’t remember what it’s called. I’ve messaged a neighbour and he has a spare one. Thanks for your help though 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Ahh ok, cool! 😄

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

No - you are right. They expect you to have an ethernet cable floating around.

As SmartHubs come with a cable it is probably a safe assumption that most people have one that is either spare or could be temporarily repurposed.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Colin. It makes sense to have it this way. I managed to borrow one today and will look to set it up tonight. 👍

0 Ratings