cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Whole Home Premium and Complete wi-fi Discs

Go to solution

I currently have a Smart Hub 2 and 3 Whole Home Premium discs on a 150Mb download speed contract.   I need the 3 discs 'cos my house is quite large and has thick stone walls.  Yesterday I upgraded to 500Mb contract with 'Complete wi-fi'.  This new contract comes with (I think) another Smart Hub 2 and 1 Complete wi-fi disc.

1. Does Complete wi-fi come with another Smart Hub 2 or is it an upgraded version to my existing one?
  2. In the online chat with the sales guy, he assured me the Complete wi-fi discs will work alongside the Whole Home Premium discs in the SAME 'mesh' network.  Is this correct?  If so, I would be looking to merely use the Complete wi-fi disc(s) to extend the wi-fi coverage in the house.
  3. If the 2 sets of discs do not work together in the same mesh network, am I correct in assuming I'll have to set up a separate mesh network with Complete wi-fi discs working alongside the existing mesh network made up of the Whole Home Premium discs?  Can this be done off the same Smart Hub?
  4. Are the Complete wi-fi discs more 'powerful' than the Whole Home Premium discs? 

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whole Home Premium and Complete wi-fi Discs

Go to solution

@CrunchyFrog 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

The two systems are incompatible and are likely to interfere with each other. You will need to choose which system you want to use.

If you are paying for Complete Wi-Fi, the you would have to stop using the Whole Home Discs.

You may have been better removing the  Complete Wi-Fi from your order, as its unlikely to be any better that what you already have.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Many thanks. It may sound cynical, but I did wonder if the guy I chatted to was more interested in the sale than giving me correct info. Hence the post.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Exactly, its the extra sale that was wanted, and remember the discs are only on loan, and have to be returned if you change ISP or reduce your broadband package.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

A couple of naive follow-on questions:

1. Are the Complete wifi discs more 'powerful' than the Whole Home discs?
  2. If I've set it up correctly, the Whole Home mesh needs a disc installed next to the router but (from the set up video), the Complete wifi discs don't.  Is this correct?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Power levels are the same, and limited by Ofcom regulations.

Complete Wi-Fi disc links wirelessly to the Smart Hub 2 so does not need to be physically connected, once it has been configured.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks. That's helpful. If I get the max of 3 Complete wifi discs then this effectively frees up another disc for locating around the house so should give me better coverage. (ATM, I have 1 Whole Home disc hard wired next to the hub and 2 around the house).
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You only get the one disc to start with, and only get the others if BT agree you need them when you run the online trouble-shooter, so you may be short of coverage initially.