cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

WiFi 6 connection

Go to solution

Hi - I have the smarthub2 with one disc on FTTP 900 service. I would like to speed up my WiFi - can I connect another WiFi 6 router to the SH2. Ideally would like to continue to use the WiFi on the SH 2 in addition to the new router if possible. 

I am looking at the GL-AXT1800 which is small and portable. Would this work or would I need to switch off the wifi on the HB2 to use WiFi on the other router. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi 6 connection

Go to solution

Yes you can use that. Configure it in access point mode if it has one. If not, make sure you turn off it's DHCP server and give it an address of 192.168.1.10 and connect it to the Hub LAN port to LAN port.

You can use it in conjunction with the hub wifi, I suggest giving it a different SSID (network name) so you know which device you are connecting to and can force a change if you need to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply. So set up as an access point for WiFi only - the home hub will continue with Ethernet connection, wireless (when out of range for the access point), and digital voice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, you can also use the other Lan port on the GL-AXT1800 as an Ethernet port if you wish. Make sure both devices are not using the same wifi channels or they could interfere with each other. Set them manually on both devices.

0 Ratings