cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

WiFi speed help full fibre 900

Hi I was wondering what everyone is getting speed wise WiFi I’m on the gig full fibre with the smart hub2 and even next to the router I’m only pulling 400mb on iPhone 14 , does sound right or is something a miss? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi speed help full fibre 900

@Ben36551 

Wireless is always going to give variable results.

You are unlikely to get anything like the full speed over wireless, on a single device.

It was never intended that people get full speed on all devices, especially on a wireless connection. The intention is to allow that bandwidth to be shared among family members and multiple devices, without each user noticing any slowdown.

Here is a quote from old post by @SeanD 

"I think for the first time ever we are in a situation whereby the speed you can now get through Full Fibre outperforms the capabilities of many devices.  

The Smart hub 2 does not come with Wi-Fi 6 but this is something we are looking to include in our next generation of Hub.  I don't have any info as to when we will launch a new router by Wi-Fi 6 will bring some improvement.

As an example of what I mean in terms of devices not being able to support the full breadth of speed available on Full Fibre , take a look at the table below.  This is just for a couple of Apple Smart Phones and Tablets along with  popular Samsung models,

Apple (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPHONE SE Yes 60mbps 300mbps
IPHONE SE 2020 Yes 135mbps

600mbps

Samsung (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-s10e Yes 135mbps 600mbps
galaxy-s10-5g Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Apple (Tablets) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPAD pro 3rd gen (Nov 2018) Yes 135mbps 600mbps
IPAD pro 4th gen (March 2020) Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Samsung (Tablet) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-tab-s5e Yes 100mbps 300mbps
galaxy-tab-s6 Yes 60mbps
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply just frustrated, doesn’t look like we are going to see a new router till 2024 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

400 Mbps is pretty good for WiFi in my experience - we get between 190 - 350 Mbps depening on device and location (a mix of Macbooks, iPhones and Android phones).

Also on FF 900, and get a solid 940 Mbps on wired connections (which we have for everything that needs the full speed - which is really only PCs that regularly download large packages).

0 Ratings