cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Wifi distance

Hi. I’ve had a few issue with devices only being no more than 5 meters away from the hub and having poor connection issues. 
I’ve got the halo 1 router, been reading it should have had discs sent with it? I have never received any at all??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wifi distance

The 'discs'only come when you have halo 3+ not with halo 1

Have you tried changing the WiFi channels in tne BT hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hmmm right. How would changing the channels affect the other devices in the household?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Changing the hub WiFi channels won't cause problems with your devices but may avoid problems with neighbours wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You might find inSSIDer (Google it) helpful. It offers a free trial period.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The 'discs'only come when you have halo 3+ not with halo 1

I should point out that you do not need Halo 3+ to get BT Complete WiFi.  You can get it for a bolt on fee of £10, sometimes £5 if bought alongside a new contract. I had it for a short whilst just alongside a standard Fibre 500 contract for £5 a month, but then decided to upgrade to Halo 3 to get the extra mobile data and backup options as well.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Bearing in mind I only get 3mbps tops where I live. But get weak signal in most of the house. 

0 Ratings