cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

port forwarding 44158 helium

Go to solution

hi all, 

I have a bt smart hub 2, ialsl have a sensecap hotspot, I needed to open port 44158 for my helium, I followed all the instructions to open the port, but there's still no connection to the hotspot outran and inband, checked with port checker and port still closed. can any one help?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: port forwarding 44158 helium

Go to solution

It's probable that unless the query is properly formulated then the port will appear closed, even if set up correctly.  You'd have to see if your Sensecap Hotspot is set up on their network(s).

A word of caution though, use of the sensecap hotspot is probably in breach of your contract with BT, make you liable to make legal regulatory declarations, and could make you liable for its misuse by third parties.  If by some miracle you do turn a profit you'd need to declare it as income.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahemerson/2022/09/23/helium-crypto-tokens-peoples-network/?sh=2dcb7b...

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply . 
how do I check if SenseCAP is set up in their network ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You'd have to use the Sensecap app that you used for onboarding.  Personally, though I would really think about what you are doing, how their business model can ever work, and should I take legal advice before I set this up!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings