cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

setting up the 2nd room with a bt box

i have got the main room working but i have to use a set of mini connectors for the main box.

Do i need a totally separate set of mini connectors, or can i just use the one that is attached to the hub as a connector and make sure i have one for both the main box and the second box.

It currently tells me their is no internet connection, i have tried restarting the hub and the box to no avail

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: setting up the 2nd room with a bt box

You can't connect 2 powerline adapters to the hub, you need one at the hub and one each for the boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

so i need to sets of powerline adaptors to make it work?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

or do i need to use the 2 ethernet ports, 1 for each of the boxes and the box will be able to distinguish between the 2 lines, or do i use the 2 ethernet ports in the hub and ethernet port 1 for the main box and ethernet port 2 for the bedroom?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. Connect one connector to the hub and one connector to each of the boxes. Ethernet is just one big bus, it doesn't have 'lines'. The IP layer sorts out what signals go to which MAC address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have done that and it still says it cannot find the internet. The 2nd box is also closer than the first

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The only thing i can imagine, is that I have 2 types of mini connector, both BT, but one is the new version and the other is older, can that cause an issue?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Have you added the second connector in line with the instructions here 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

That hasn't made any difference, I am still getting the message no internet connection found

0 Ratings